Navigator
Search

Clock

The return of Trace Elliot to the US!

Moderators: DrClayForrester, Shaggy

The return of Trace Elliot to the US!

PostAuthor: Tom_Scioscia » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:54 pm

Who's excited? I know I am, for one. I've got plenty of experience with one of their pre-Gibson AH400 heads, a 4x10 w/horn, and a 1x18. Man, that thing thumped. Now that Peavey's got the rights to distribute Trace Elliot within the Unite States, there's a whole lot of new product available to us Yanks. :)
Tom_Scioscia
Big Cheese

PostAuthor: DrClayForrester » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:38 am

Ah, but will they have the same sound and quality they used to? Peavey's good and all, but let's face it; they're their own company. Are they going to just make changes and only use the name, like Gibson USA did with Kramer and Steinberger?

DCF
"The Truth is out there, but there are lies inside your head." - Terry Pratchett

DrClayForrester
Gov't Cheese

PostAuthor: Tom_Scioscia » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:56 pm

DrClayForrester wrote:Ah, but will they have the same sound and quality they used to? Peavey's good and all, but let's face it; they're their own company. Are they going to just make changes and only use the name, like Gibson USA did with Kramer and Steinberger?

DCF

Peavey only owns the distribution rights, just as Gibson did, but Trace Elliot is still an independently owned company in England. The difference is that Gibson didn't seem to care, where Peavey seems to just want to sell a whole ton of gear and make people happy. Perhaps I'm biased cuz I think that the NJ/NY rep for Peavey is an awesome guy and everybody I dealt with at that company went WAY out of their way to make sure things were always cool, just like Rob and Matt at Fender always did for me. :)
Tom_Scioscia
Big Cheese

PostAuthor: Ray Salamon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:41 am

Gibson is about the bane of bassists recently. They're QC has gone downhill considerably, and the junk they're putting out is, well, junk. They're ruining great names and reputations (Tobias? Trace Elliot? Etc. etc.).
Bass assault rig:
Spector NS 5 string
Custom fretless jazz type 5 string
Peavey T-max used a pre-amp
handbuilt (by me!) 1200W@2ohm amp
Ashdown 4x10
Ashdown 1x15
Ray Salamon
Gov't Cheese

PostAuthor: Tom_Scioscia » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:52 am

Ray Salamon wrote:Gibson is about the bane of bassists recently. They're QC has gone downhill considerably, and the junk they're putting out is, well, junk. They're ruining great names and reputations (Tobias? Trace Elliot? Etc. etc.).

I couldn't agree more. I used to work at Guitar Center and we'd send a good percentage of Gibson stuff back due to defects. It was ridiculous. I've heard they're slightly better, now, but... They can make GREAT products if only they'd drop the prices and higher a QC department. I've been jonesing for an SG Faded. :)
Tom_Scioscia
Big Cheese

Return to Bass Amps