1. Absolutely no flaming, name calling or personal attacks. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.
2. No thread hijacking. Start another thread if you have a different topic.
3. No thread crapping.
4. No spamming. Any such messages will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator.
5. No web based email accounts (i.e gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc) allowed for forum registration. You must have a valid e-mail account where you can be reached by a forum moderator or administrator. Email accounts must be updated in your account when a change is required.
6. No cussing in the thread titles or posts.
7. No bombing forums or threads with pointless posts.
8. No shouting (posting in all capital letters). It’s hard to read and just plain rude and annoying.
9. No linking or posting of pornographic material.
10. Do not post personal information (i.e. Addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, images) or any other information considered private without the express permission of the individual. You must respect the privacy of other members. GeekGear.net has addressed privacy concerns by allowing users to set-up their accounts so that e-mail addresses may not be displayed to other users, but rather moderators and administrators only.
11. Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself.
12. Post to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented. Threads incorrectly placed will be moved or locked.
13. Do not post material where you do not have permission to distribute it electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images directly from a website (bandwidth theft) images are to be hosted personally or by a third party host.
14. Observe all copyright laws, TOSs and NDAs when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate federal, state, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by nda (non-disclosure agreement).
15. Posting is to be in English only. Non-english posts will be locked or removed.
16. You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activities. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden.
17. Advertising, site promotion, contests or linkage for personal gain is not permitted. Soliciting for fraternal organizations, humanitarian causes or personal rewards is prohibited unless approved prior to posting.
18. Each GeekGear.net member is limited to one account/alias, unless otherwise authorized by a GeekGear.net administrator. Protect your password and your account. You are responsible for your account regardless of compromise or stolen password.
19. No active links, profanity or advertising allowed in the signature. Sig line is limited to 10 lines total as viewed @ 800 x 600 resolution or no more that 15 words per line or an equivalently sized combination of a graphic and text.
20. You must respect forum moderators and administrators and are bound to follow their directions and instructions.
Breaking any of the above listed forum rules can result in the loss of posting privileges and possible loss of your forum account. GeekGear.net also reserves the right to ban any user, at any time, and for any reason.
Moderators and administrators frequently review forum messages for those that are in violation of GeekGear.net rules. Any messages found to be in violation will be deleted without warning or explanation.
GeekGear.net reserves the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.
All messages posted become the property of GeekGear.net.
GeekGear.net and its representatives will not be held liable for the result of the usage of any information provided in the GeekGear.net, and disclaim all liability resulting in the use of the posted information.
GeekGear.net takes no responsibility for the content of any of the messages posted in the GeekGear.net or of the authenticity of its authors.
All opinions and views expressed in the GeekGear.net are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of GeekGear.net or its representatives.
GeekGear.net reserves the right to change the aforementioned rules at any time without warning or notice.
It is the responsibility of the forum member to check this page on a regular basis for any revisions in GeekGear.net rules before making any posts to the forum.
By posting to the GeekGear.net, you agree to abide by the above rules and terms.