Navigator
Search

Clock

Change in registration method

If you need help with the forum, got a suggestion, or something's not working right, come here...

Moderators: OceanStorm, DrClayForrester, Shaggy

Change in registration method

PostAuthor: Tom_Scioscia » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:01 pm

Henceforth, all user registrations will have to be approved by myself. I've come across to many instances of spammers trying to slip through here and they have posted highly inappropriate stuff in the forums. I intend for this site to be one that is safe for people of all ages to browse, so anything of the nature of sex or drugs is not kosher.

This post is readable by everybody. If you have a problem with the way I'm running the registration process, feel free to e-mail me at tom@geargeek.net , but don't expect me to change the process unless you have a better idea to keep out the unwanted problems.
Tom_Scioscia
Big Cheese

PostAuthor: Shaggy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:05 am

I hate Spammers! :evil:
Moderator - feel free to contact me with any questions/concerns about this site.
Shaggy
Gov't Cheese

PostAuthor: Tom_Scioscia » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:10 pm

Shaggy wrote:I hate Spammers! :evil:

Me, too... Unlike everybody else, you can see what I've moved to the spam area... It's not pretty. I was offended enough by one title that I changed it even though nobody else could see it. I just hated looking at it every time I logged in.
Tom_Scioscia
Big Cheese

Return to Forum Help & Feedback